An Item Left Too Long in the Refrigerator

Imagine a really hot day with the sun burning heartlessly. Even the fan becomes useless like a one cent coin. Only thing you can think about is a generous serving of chocolate and vanilla ice cream. So I was attracted to the kitchen-to the ice box. I opened the door all the way to its limit until it bounced back into closing motion again. One look inside told me my position-there were rows and rows of chilly, cold air. It was almost like a school during the vacations.

A strong unpleasant smell leaked from the bottom drawer of the fridge. One could be fairly sure that iced skunks would not be found in our fridge despite the colorful variety of 'food' that would be (usually) stored in it. The pong was just like a huge field of rotten cabbages sprinkled with rotten eggs AND some Brussels sprouts (it doesn't really matter whether they are rotten as they are anyway gross). As I bent down to take a closer look at this interesting object, I was reminded that spoiled Blue Cheese Delight isn't the stinkiest thing on Earth. By now, the whole kitchen reeked of this stink.

It was entirely black in color and covered with white dust, just like the dandruff on a vigorously sun struck head. There were some green spots on the edge where there were a cluster of white dots. Worms were busy munching it, followed by retiring fungi.

It was so gross that I was determined to do a social service (which I do rarely) by removing it from the fridge. I, equipped with a polythene bag, grabbed it. In that very instant, black goo oozed from it with little gurgling sounds. My grip loosened and it fell. It started it started its plunge downwards, downwards onto my leg.

Something as almost gross as the one that fell on my foot

Comments

Popular Posts