The daze on the road

On the road it's always the night.
On the road it's hard to find a light.
On the road it's dope and booze and haze.
On the road The Band is just a daze.

The strings on The Guitar shrieks and wails.
Punished sevenfold just screams The Base.
The sticks pound on drums all by itself.
Now I'm onstage and I'm God himself.

Oh! How they yelled and asked for more!
Oh! How many voices rang for encore!
Oh! How much earth was stamped by feet!
Oh! How instead of blood ran in me that beat!

On the road it might be just the night.
On the road Rock is the needed light.
On the road their lives were a hued haze.
But hear my man! Them daze were the days!

-DUMÆ

Image courtesy http://www.chrisbsmusic.com/espbass.html

(This is featured poem from a series that I hope will contribute to the diversity of this blog and will add to the varied topics already talked about!)

Comments

Popular Posts